warehouse steel mezzanine floor Racking
The rack supported mezzanine floor also known as mezzanine floor pallet racking. According to the actual site and specific requirements, it can be designed as a single story or multi-storey mezzanine, generally 2-3 floors.
Equipped with stairs, handrails and cargo lifts etc. The transportation methods of goods to the second or third floor usually include: labor, lifting platform, hoist, conveyor belt, forklift, etc.
Rack supported mezzanine floor is directly supported by the column on the floor, on which is a platform with guardrails. The mezzanine floor maximizes the height of the warehouse, doubles the warehouse storage capacity, and can be assembled into warehouses, production lines and offices. Mezzanine floor pallet racking has simple structure, low cost, unobstructed space on the lower floor, and flexible utilization of the upper floor. It can be disassembled and reused again, and it can be customized according to the situation of the site.
Introduction of Rack Supported Mezzanine
Specifications of Industrial Pallet Racking
The storage industrial mezzanine floor is s a popular steel storage rack in many industries. The industrial mezzanine floor are used in the warehouse workshop. When planning the industrial mezzanine floor, the mezzanine floor manufaturers according to the situation of the warehouse and the goods to do design. The industrial mezzanine floor is a multi-storey platform. The storage shelf platform of the warehouse is usually designed with 2 to 3 layers. The number of layers is determined according to the height of the warehouse and the stacking of the goods, so that the warehouse space can be better utilized and the utilization rate of the warehouse space can be improved. Of course, the industrial mezzanine floor is not only used for storing goods, but also for production workshops, offices, service areas, etc., so many enterprise warehouses will choose industrial mezzanine floor.
Storage mezzanine floor racking systems are also divided into many types, such as column platform, shelf-type combination platform, steel structure platform, and shelf-type combination platform is also divided into medium duty and heavy duty shelf combination platforms. The combined platform is more cost-effective, and the stability of the platform is better.
As a special kind of industrial racking, the mezzanine floor racking system is suitable for the situation where the warehouse is high, the goods are small, manual access and storage volume are large.
Advantages of using the mezzanine floor pallet racking
- Mezzanine floor racking have good loading capacity and space, it built in layers on the original space, so both loading capacity and space perform very well, making full use of warehouse space and improving warehouse capacity utilization.
- The mezzanine floor racking adopts a fully disassembled structure, which can be flexibly designed according to the actual site and needs, making full use of the space, and has low cost and fast construction.
- The mezzanine floor racking has good integrity and good bearing uniformity, fully considering the convenience of human-machine operation, and it is more convenient to access and manage.
- The mezzanine floor racking is easy to install and disassemble. It can be set as a lower shelf, an upper platform, or a structure in which the upper and lower layers are both shelves, which can be flexibly adjusted according to storage needs.
- In terms of cost, the mezzanine floor racking is lower than the steel structure platform, and the materials used can be recycled.
The shortcomings of the mezzanine floor racking
The industrial mezzanine floor racking also has certain shortcomings, so it is not so widely used. The shortcomings of the industrial mezzanine floor racking are mainly reflected in the following aspects:
- The load capacity of the mezzanine racking is quite limited, generally 300-500kg per square meter, and cannot store heavy items.
- To install mezzanine floor racking, there are certain requirements for the warehouse. In order to meet the convenience of employees’ operation, the floor spacing is usually 2.2m~2.7m, and the height of the top shelf is generally about 2m, which requires enough warehouses for mezzanine. High, generally need to be higher than 4m.
- The use of mezzanine racking should pay attention to safety issues such as lighting and fire protection, and should be equipped with a lighting system to work when there is sufficient light to avoid accidents.
Mezzanine Racking Design
In the design of the industrial mezzanine racking, the compression capacity of the warehouse floor should be considered first, and the multi-layer mezzanine shelf will cause a lot of pressure on the ground, so this is very important. It is also necessary to know the height of the warehouse, which means the height of the mezzanine shelves can be built.
Usually, because the height of adults is more than 1.5, and the floor generally has a height of 10cm (that is, thickness), the floor spacing of the mezzanine shelf is 2.2-2.7m, and the height of the top shelf is generally about 2m. Therefore, the two-story mezzanine shelf can be It is made 4.2 meters high, and the three-story mezzanine shelf can be made 7.5 meters, which requires the warehouse height to be more than 4 meters and less than 8 meters. At the same time, considering the convenience of employees' work, the net height (low height) of the first floor of the mezzanine rack should not be less than 1.9 meters.
Compatible storage equipment
The mezzanine rack is a simple shelf that makes full use of the upper space of the warehouse. Build an intermediate loft over existing racks or worksites to increase storage area. Light and small and medium-sized goods or goods with a long storage period can generally be placed on the attic floor, and the goods can be lifted by forklifts, conveyor belts, hoists, electric hoists or lifting platforms. Light trolleys or pallet traction trolleys are generally used on the attic.
Mezzanine racking systems usually utilize medium duty longspan racking or heavy duty racks as main support plus mezzanine floor panels. The choice of shelf is determined according to the total load weight of the shelf unit. The floor panel is usually cold-rolled steel floor, patterned steel floor or steel grille floor. In recent years, cold-rolled steel floor slabs have been widely used. It has the advantages of strong bearing capacity, good integrity, good bearing uniformity, high precision, smooth surface, and easy locking. , management are more convenient.
See How Warehouse Industrial Mezzanine Racking Works
warehouse storage racking type
Get industrial warehouse racking system from industrial racking manufacturers
Selective Pallet Racking
Drive Through Pallet Racking
Mezzanine Floor Pallet Racking
Automatic Pallet Racking Systems
Long Span Racking Systems
Light Duty Shelving Systems
Have inquiry already?
Contact us for the most suitable solution!